Back to the learner journey… last weeks lessons were all about the acceptability of blogging and the use of individual blogs to get a bit of interaction going. We were led to the water but did we drink?
It was complicated
- Make sure all published blogs are added to favourite RSS reader (insert one)
- Realise that aforementioned RSS reader will only work if blogs are published to THE WORLD
- So logon to Moodle and navigate to 18 blogs which may or may not be empty
- Hold in your head the points made
- Figure out whether to leave a comment on the blog itself or to return to the forum
The complications of asynchronous life seemed to become squared.
And, to be honest I did not like the OU dictating the topic matter that I needed to commit to my blog. Hey, this is my reflective space – gerroff.
It’s not that I mind people reading it, its just that in the land of the blog I fulfill all three major roles: author, editor and sole-reader!