This weekend has seen me happily engaged in the creation of a PetchaKucha (my first!)
I’ve seen 1 “live” and watched one online ….here’s the recipe I’ve used to work up a draft…
- Work out that I need about an 800-1000 wordcount (MAX)
- Generate some ideas on a trusty mindmap
- Dictate my way around my map creating a script (Dragon NaturallySpeaking is grand for this)
- Sigh at having too much content
- Generate 20 slides and reorder ideas
- Use Audacidy to generate 20 second chunks
- Add the exported mp3 to the timed powerpoint
- Generate bullet points for my speaker notes
….now all I need to do is practice.
Which leads me to think about “equivalence” – methinks this task has to be equivalent (in at least time) to writing and referencing 1200 words. Goodness knows how you would mark it though!